In this role you will undertake a variety of duties, including:
- Review, assist and provide urban development advice for developers, industry, business, Government and Local Government in relation to a range of matters, including Planning proposals, Due diligence for site acquisitions, Contributions, Land, LEP and rezoning planning, and Infrastructure planning.
- Participate in and assist with negotiations for State or local VPAs to deliver quicker Development Approvals, more profitable developments and superior place outcomes.
- Participate in negotiations and review with Council and Government for the delivery of Works in Kind to satisfy industry obligations.
- Advice for industry on value sharing or value capture options.
- Review of any proposed State or Council Contribution Plans.
- Provide advice for industry peak bodies to better advocate for changes to contributions systems and infrastructure co-ordination to deliver targeted infrastructure.
- Participate in commercial agreement negotiations with utility authorities.
An excellent salary package will be offered to the successful candidate based on their skills, abilities and experience.
Please apply through the following SEEK link or forward your resume to Nigel at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position, you will be passionate about the urban development industry and have:
- University Degree in Engineering or Planning or equivalent.
- 5 or more years plus previous relevant technical, advisory and /or project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of planning regulations and requirements.
- A good network of contacts and contractors within the industry.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well both within a team and individually.